- About Us
- Conditions We Treat
- Treatments & Procedures
- Patient Information
Robotic Cardiac Surgery
NYU Langone Medical Center is internationally known as a leader in the development of minimally-invasive cardiac procedures and now robot-assisted cardiac procedures. These procedures are done through very small incisions for the robotic arms with minimal trauma, avoiding the need to cut through the patient’s chest bone.
NYU Langone is currently the only center in the New York area and one of just a few in the Northeast to perform robot-assisted mitral valve repair, robot-assisted coronary artery bypass, robotic surgery for atrial fibrillation, and robotic hybrid procedures.
To learn more about the cardiac procedures and services offered at the NYU Langone Robotic Surgery Center, click on the links below.
A complete list of conditions treated robotically by our cardiac surgeons.
A complete list of robot-assisted procedures performed by our cardiac surgeons.
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Coronary Artery Bypass
- Combined Coronary Artery Bypass/Angioplasty (Hybrid Procedure)
- Cryoablation for Atrial Fibrillation
Click here to learn more about our surgical team.
- Aubrey C. Galloway, M.D. Departmental Chair (mitral valve repair)
- Didier Loulmet, M.D. Program Director, Robotic Cardiac Surgery (mitral valve repair, coronary artery bypass, ASD repair, atrial fibrillation surgery and hybrid procedures)
- Eugene Grossi, M.D. Director, Robotics Research (mitral repair and atrial fibrillation surgery)
- Elias A. Zias, M.D. (robotic coronary artery bypass and hybrid procedures)